Thursday, December 2, 2010

Jude's Birthday Party

Jude had his first birthday party and the theme was dogs. If anything can elicit a smile or a belly laugh from Jude it's a puppy dog. I briefly entertained the thought of everyone bringing their pets, too. But, then I thought better of that. Kids alone are enough to chase after without worrying about dogs, too.


When it came time for him to eat his cake, he wasn't too interested. It didn't help that I left it in the fridge and the icing wasn't soft enough to really mash into. So no picture with a huge mess of icing on his face. But, stay tuned. He got a little more into it when we had a cake for him at Thanksgiving.


When it came time to open presents, we made the mistake of giving him Grandma and Gramp's gift first. It was an actual walker; not a laundry basket or equivalent that he's been using as a walker. So he took off with it and showed no interest in any other toys. Which meant that I got to open the presents instead. Anyone who knows me, knows that I hate opening presents in front of people. Oh, well. I hope that I oohed and aaahed appropriately.


Below is a video of Jude on said walker. The road kill that he leaves in the dust is our neighbor Maddy. Sorry Mads! He promises to share in the future!





This was another favorite toy that Jude received from Casey and Jennifer. As you can see, the whole family was enjoying the fun!






We were really touched at the friends and family that were able to join us for Jude's big day. I hope everyone had as much fun as we did! Thanks for being a part of Jude's first year!

1 comment:

  1. Too cute!!! We got that same play table for Jack for Christmas! When Jack's 1st b-day rolls around I'm going to call you for ideas! ;)

    ReplyDelete