I'm officially a grown-up. I hosted my very own Thanksgiving dinner at our house. I managed to cook dinner without making anyone sick. It helped that I had a friend fry our turkey. At least the main course wouldn't be messed up! Thanks, James! I hope everyone had a good time. I know that I did! It helps that I enjoy cooking.

My sister and brother-in-law were very happy with me hosting the meal. It meant they didn't have to drive anywhere but Hoover! Look how happy they are!

We started a new tradition and joined families for the day. Pam, Jim and his son Chase drove up from Mobile for the day. Somehow I didn't get a picture of Jim or Chase. I guess I'll get them next time!

Gramps and his two girls all grown up.

Jude having some fun with his Gigi

Mom passing the torch to her daughter. I never realized what all went into cooking this big meal. Makes me feel bad that I didn't help more in the past!

Feast your eyes on the spread. I cooked some old standards and tried a few new recipes (to my mother's chagrin). All in all, I think it was tasty. Although, I can't take credit for everything. Everyone contributed a dish.

We celebrated Jude's birthday again on Thanksgiving with the whole family. We were only missing Mimi, Aunt Hayley, Uncle Mark, and Maddie. But, we'll see them and baby Luke in January 2011!

He had a much better go with the cupcake this time around! We got the mess that everyone wants to see in their pictures.

Justin, Kendall, Jenny and Julie at the end of the day.

Jude getting ready for bed in some new footie pajamas. They are so stinking cute!

No comments:
Post a Comment