Monday, April 26, 2010

Julie Time

I've been making an effort to schedule "me" time and that's not always easy. I'm always coming up with things that I need to do and somehow I get left out of the equation. Well, I got some good time in this weekend. Some friends from Troy came in for a visit and we had a spa day at Ross Bridge and dinner at my fave restaurant, Surin West. Jeremy had man time with Jude overnight and I had a bona fide girls' night! It was very relaxing and energizing to hang with the girls. It made me want to try and schedule more of these visits. When I see Jeremy heading off to a weekend with 44 of his closest friends/fraternity brothers (that's right I said 44!) it makes me wonder why we can't get big groups of girls together. That is my new mission! I think as women, we are conditioned to feel that we need to be at home to take care of the house, errands, kids, husbands, boyfriends, etc. Because who can do it as good as we can, right?

Well, we are going to change that. If you are reading this and agree, let me know! My plan is to start slow. So all Troy Phi Mus in Alabama and nearby unite. Let's just do lunch. Montgomery is pretty central. Perhaps we could go to the zoo (with the kids) and have a picnic. Once we get that together we can think even bigger! Maybe another time we could plan an actual night out! And then a whole weekend down the road. But, let's start with babysteps. Surely we can handle lunch!
Disclaimer: Sorry for all the exclamation points in this paragraph. Can you tell I'm passionate about this?

For anyone looking to schedule their own "me" time in Alabama, I have a tip. If you have a golfer husband, you've probably heard of Robert Trent Jones trail cards that gets them discounted golf. Well, they now have the equivalent for women, only it's a spa card. The card is $40 and gets you 20% off spa services for a full year. I used it this weekend and it paid for itself. It can be used at Ross Bridge in Bham, the Battlehouse in Mobile, the Grand Hotel in Fairhope, the Renaissance in Montgomery, and the Marriott Shoals. It is well worth some pampering for yourself. Visit the following link for more information:




Lisa and Julie (class of 96) Gail,and Kara (class of 95)




No comments:

Post a Comment