Something about the spring weather has me craving fruity drinks out on a patio. Since bars aren't necessarily the best place to bring your baby, BB and I have instituted Friday evening happy hours once a month. A good excuse to get together, enjoy something fruity, and cook dinner. We even let the men join us. This week BB's husband James was kind of enough to cook homemade pizzas for us. He used basil grown from his own garden, along with homemade pizza sauce and fresh mozarella. The pizzas were delicious! And it inspired me to start cooking with some fresh ingredients. I love to cook and I am trying to keep it up now that I have my hands a bit fuller than I used to. Jude helped me cook dinner last night by being carried around in his sling on his mom. He wasn't happy in any of his other spots. Maybe it will inspire him to be a chef one day.
That evening I did bake brownies from scratch. They were melt in your mouth delicious, if I do say so myself. It called for a pound of butter and over a pound of chocolate chips so you know it had to be good. Take a look at Barefoot Contessa's Outrageous Brownies if you want something truly decadent.
Earlier that day I went to lunch with my friend Emma from Chattanooga and Brooke who lives here in Birmingham. It was great to see them and their little ones. It was nice to get together. It was a good day of hanging out with friends. That's not something I get to do like I used to. But, I get to hang out with my three best friends a lot more, Jeremy, Jude, and Wrigley. If you are in Birmingham and looking for a great sandwich place, visit O'Carrs. They have recently franchised and have several locations. Their chicken salad and fruit plate is delicious.
That evening I did bake brownies from scratch. They were melt in your mouth delicious, if I do say so myself. It called for a pound of butter and over a pound of chocolate chips so you know it had to be good. Take a look at Barefoot Contessa's Outrageous Brownies if you want something truly decadent.
Earlier that day I went to lunch with my friend Emma from Chattanooga and Brooke who lives here in Birmingham. It was great to see them and their little ones. It was nice to get together. It was a good day of hanging out with friends. That's not something I get to do like I used to. But, I get to hang out with my three best friends a lot more, Jeremy, Jude, and Wrigley. If you are in Birmingham and looking for a great sandwich place, visit O'Carrs. They have recently franchised and have several locations. Their chicken salad and fruit plate is delicious.
No comments:
Post a Comment