As you may recall, the Lukers have been living in a rental house with rental furniture since we've moved in Birmingham. What we had hoped would be a temporary situtation is becoming more and more like home. When we made the decision to move to Birmingham and then had a friend that offered his home and furniture to us, we jumped at the chance, assuming it would be short term. It has been three months now and more and more of our things are making their way into this guy's home. However, that is just stuff, no furniture has been moved. So all the time I spent agonizing over decorating Jude's nursery was for naught. He hasn't spent but a few nights in his well decorated room. Since we moved here, he's been sleeping in his pack and play. Well, he has officially outgrown it. Now that he rolls over and kicks, he was beating the poor thing up. Enter Mark and Sarah. They graciously offered us their crib until we move our furniture up here. Jude has really loved it and been moving all over it. He starts off the night in one spot and has moved clear to another by morning. I've witnessed him turning 360 degrees in the night. I have a hard time spotting him on the monitor.
One thing that can be said about living here, I've realized just how much stuff we had accumulated and how much of it we don't need. All Jude wants is food, diapers, and loving parents. He doesn't care what his room looks like. He's happy with a burp cloth to play with and
Wrigley to entertain him. Something tells me that when the time comes for us to move, a lot of stuff is getting thrown in the trash. If we've lived this long without it, we probably don't really need it! One thing I do totally miss is the glider. We visited Mobile this weekend and Jude loved rocking in it.
Jeremy and Mark putting together the crib
Jeremy and Mark putting together the crib
Jude enjoying his new digs
The nursery in Mobile. Isn't it cute?

I really wish we had the glider in Birmingham when he has his crying fits
(which is more often than I would like)

Thanks also Sarah and Mark for the surf board tummy time mat! It's his favorite spot to roll over!
I'm so glad he got a new bed!
ReplyDeleteBefore you throw out TOO much "junk" call me, you know I always think you have the best stuff!