We had our first out of town guests this weekend at our house in Birmingham. Granted it's not our house, but I enjoyed playing hostess. Ben Chabbatt (real name David) and The Munns came into town for Casey and Jennifer's wedding. Both Davids are great friends of Jeremy's from college. And lucky for me both are married to awesome girls. Chasity was here and we had lots of fun hanging out. Now if we could just convince them to move here, I would have a great shopping partner. Although, it's convenient that she doesn't live here because we buy a lot of the same clothes knowing we won't run into each other wearing the same outfit. Ben's wife, Christy couldn't join us because she is weeks away from delivering her second baby. I look forward to seeing her and their new addition soon. They live close-by, so I'm sure we'll be driving up to visit sometime soon.
The two Davids are some of the funniest guys I know. Of course, they couldn't take a serious picture.
The wedding was beautiful and lots of fun. Jude went to Aunt Jenny and Uncle Bryant's for the evening and Jeremy and I had a fun night out with friends. The wedding was for one of Jeremy's friends, but I have never felt that they were only his friends. Jeremy's fraternity brothers have always welcomed me with open arms. And many of them have are married, engaged, or dating some fun girls that I always enjoy seeing when we have Pi Kap get togethers, which let me tell you is often. I was kind of bummed that I didn't get to continue the evening with everyone. I was the good mom and picked up Jude while Jeremy went out with the group. I love being a mom, but it's definitely different being the one going home early.

These were only some of the guys that were at the wedding.

I learned something new about blogging from Chasity this weekend. From now on, I'm going to try and post new things I like or have learned like recipes, websites, and entertaining ideas. Today's note isn't so new, but it's new to me. Anyone that knew me as a kid, knows that I've always been a picky eater. There were lots of foods that I said I didn't like. The problem with that is in many cases I had never actually tried what I said I didn't like to eat. I'm now making a conscious effort to change that. BB introduced me to lima beans and they are delicious! A little bit of butter, salt and pepper and you have a great side dish. Veggies are never my strong suit, so having something to eat other than green beans and corn is definitely a plus! Now lima beans are certainly not something new to everyone else in the world. So in keeping with blogging something new, here's a great website for mothers of young children. Go to http://www.dollysimaginationlibrary.com/. You can get a new book mailed to your child every month until they are five years old. Thanks to Amy O. for turning me on to it!
What about all of those deer burgers you ate at my house??!!
ReplyDeleteI'm honored that we were your first guests! You should post a link to the P90X PDF. = )
ReplyDelete