Thursday, July 1, 2010

Old House New House

Let me just say that I was very sad to leave Mobile and our old historic house. The night we moved out, I cried as I mopped the kitchen floor and tried to make it last a bit longer, because I wasn't ready to say goodbye. That was the first house that Jeremy and I owned together, a place where we made lots of friends, threw some fun parties, and the place that we brought Jude home. It was a great place with great neighbors. We really enjoyed living in an older home with lots of character. It's something I have always wanted to do.


Here is Jeremy digging up the St. Joseph statue. We prayed a lot to sell the house and God really answered our prayers. The timing was perfect. We closed on our house in Mobile and two weeks later our house was ready in Birmingham.
But, I was very happy to buy our new house. I never thought I could withstand buying a brand new house. Picking out cabinets and paint colors always sounded like a stressful decision making process. But, I really enjoyed it! And we love our new house in Ross Bridge of Hoover. There are a ton of kids Jude's age (mostly girls). He has turned into quite a ladies' man already.

The most exciting part of owning a new home is the big bathroom. Two whole sinks, a tub and a separate shower (except I still haven't had a chance to soak in a hot bath). Jeremy and I are in hog heaven. No more sharing a one sink bathroom with Jude!


One of our favorite features of the house is the keeping room with the stone fireplace. Now if we could just settle on some furniture for the room. Right now it sits empty with only Jude's toys as decoration.

We can walk to the park from our backyard. A must when you have Wrigley the frisbee catching dog! .

No comments:

Post a Comment